A couple of weeks ago, my brother and sister-in-law and their adorable little guy came to stay with us for the weekend. I love my husband's family. They are sarcastic, hardworking, thoughtful, generous - I could go on and on, it's really quite sickening. We had a great time checking out a natural history museum and watching movies and ...... making Twinkie Minions. I KNOW! Someone showed this pin to my husband:
And he determined that this would be the next project. He surprised me by bringing home Twinkies, black and white gel icing, and candy googly eyes.
My sister-in-law, Liz, is just the best and she is always down for a creative adventure. We didn't have the ingredients for cupcakes so we looked over Pinterest for just Twinkie Minions and found this:
So cute right? Well, we didn't have all of that stuff either (ha, typical) so we found ways to improvise. We're like crafty MacGyvers. I'm really proud of our results:
I love them all but I think the last one is the best. Hilariously, he's the odd man out because we ran out of white frosting and had to improvise even more. It was so much fun to do this project with Liz and her kiddo, Atticus! It was way less fun to eat them. OMG America - I can't believe you were having a cow over Twinkies not being produced! Not delicious at all. But they make squealingly cute Minions, so it's not all bad.
A few more pictures:
| Don't worry, Liz and I are the first to admit the teeth are creepy |
XXXXXXXOOOOOO,
Melanie


Haha! Zombie Minions! It's always so much fun spending time with you guys! Hugs! Liz
ReplyDeleteactually I like the ones with teeth best!! I can see doing this with peeps closer to Halloween or 2 marshmallows togather! Great job,but next time I want to be there too!!!
ReplyDelete