Cute, right? I love everything about it. I have 2 amazingly soft shirts that I wore throughout my pregnancy that are now amazingly soft tents. I love to sleep in them but I don't really suffer from a lack of sleep shirts - what I really need are fashionable tops that I can wear outside the house. So I grabbed one of my tent/shirts, a pair of scissors, and my son's sidewalk chalk. My mom was staying with us at the time and ended up a reluctant participant in my project. That's what happens - my projects suck in all the nearby people and resources. Anyhoo, I followed the instructions without any real problem and ended up with something very similar to the "after" picture. Go me! Except .... what's up with the seams on the shoulders? They look ...distracting. Also, did I mention it was a tent before? Cutting off the sleeves didn't really change that. Hmmm, this is showing a lot more skin in the back than I am comfortable with. Ugh ....
Sunday, July 7, 2013
The Halter Tee
Not all of my Pinterest adventures end in fire and adrenaline. The first project I attempted was to alter a t-shirt. There are a ton of t-shirt modification pins that are super cool ... if you are in very good shape or have a really positive body image. So I generally look at the t-shirt pins for a second to admire the ingenuity of the alteration (and the rocking physique of the woman wearing it) and then move along to more appropriate clothing for both my fitness and self-esteem level. Until I saw this pin:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wasn't unwilling just didn't have the vision! you did a great job and it was wearable several different ways! you go girl!
ReplyDeleteyou can sew some darts starting just at the bustline to give the shirt some shape, you don't even need to cut first, just mark your seam on the inside, then sew. OR you could make the back lace up with a few grommets and some ribbon, that should bring the back up a bit so you are not uncomfortable with how low it is back there
ReplyDelete